Sunday 15 April 2012

To stash or not to stash - that is the question

What is better - to have a stash of fabric for when it's needed or to buy specifically for a project?

I am a bit of a hoarder, sooooooooo ... despite having not even finished my very first sewing project, I have enough fabric for at least 6 skirts, 3 tops, and 3 dresses. Furthermore, there is fabric for 5 boys shorts, 3 girls skirts, several girls shorts, a few dresses etc etc. In short, Mr Giggles requested that I only return to Spotlight (or really any fabric store) when I have actually sewn some of these clothes - or any clothes really - he's not picky :-)

I have pointed out that my suitcase full of fabric goodness is rather small compared to some people's stash ...



but I concede he has a point (a little one, maybe).

I think I might have to reach a compromise re the stashing. I can't not stash at all - after all, the leftover could be made into pillows or ruffle skirts or anything really, but perhaps hold off buying anymore fabric until I have actually made all (okay most) of the garments I have concrete plans for.

On the other hand - the stash does provide wonderful inspiration and it has a little voice that tells me to switch off the computer and start sewing x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)