Wednesday 25 April 2012

Gathered Skirts

After the duvet cover took such a long time (okay the butterflies took such a long time) I was desperate to try my hand at something that would take less time and space, so I thought I give Dana's gathered skirt tutorial a go.



I used a bright red cotton with pink spots and did all the measuring and cutting on Friday. I had a burst of energy Saturday morning and put it all together. It was wonderful. I actually enjoyed the sewing itself and my little girl was over the moon.



After all my grumbling with the duvet I wasn't sure whether sewing was really my thing, but the skirt made it all worth it. In fact, I liked it so much, I made a second one in the evening :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)