Thursday 28 February 2013

the Lorax and some Mermaids

I have finished the birthday sewing ... yeay.

First we have another pair of boxers for Mr. Giggles. Now I have to say that in our house we are great fans of the Lorax. My husband speaks for the trees frequently (and the birds and flowers whisper his name) and we have the movie poster gracing our bedroom - it's great Feng Shui we've found, so take that Interior Design Monthly. So a year ago, he saw some organic quilting cotton that he decided would do just nicely for a pair of boxer shorts and it had been sitting there since.
Happy Birthday honey ...


I made the same changes as before - namely added 1/2 an inch to the waistband height and 2 inches to the leg length. This time I made it without a fly, so no high-fiving on that account, but look at the pocket ... it's super matchy and totally high-fivable :-)



I have also made another Ice Cream Social Dress for her birthday and I think this might be my favourite version.


It's got mermaids all over it. She loves it. This time I made quite a few alterations. The original pattern is a bit sack-like tbh, so I added some flare and that improved it greatly. Also instead of gathers in the front I made one large pleat that lined up with the v of the collar. I cut out the gathers in the back completely and added a centre back seam.


She loves it and I am super pleased with it, so there will be more in future. Happy Birthday baby girl. We all love you very much :-)

2 comments:

  1. I like the style changes you made to the dress. It's definitely very girlie and flowy so she can run around and still look fab. You're a great Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both items! I too like the changes you made to the dress - high five! Your daughter is beautiful <3
    I have three grandsons and I think I just might make them some Lorax boxers.

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)