Saturday 1 September 2012

Fabric-a-Brac Brisbane

A little late, but last weekend I went to the inaugural Brisbane Fabric-a-Brac organised by the wonderful StephC and what a great event it was. I didn't bring a bag, because I only came to look at the patterns ;-)



I am always drawn to black and white prints, but my favourite is the black linen that has embroidered flowers on it. I thought about it for some time, because black is not really a Brisbane colour, however in the end I am obviously quite weak :-)


I also picked up some Jersey to try both Cation's Dolman Sleeve Top and StephC's Blank Canvas T-Shirt. Not sure it's pure cotton, but it was cheap and I can practise without feeling guilty.


There are also some pink fairies and I didn't pick up any patterns, but I foresee hours of happy sewing in the near future :-)

For anyone interested in winning some fabric, StephC is currently holding a giveaway for some wonderful Jersey fabric in anticipation for the launch of her pattern company here at 3hourspast.

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to meet you, I wish we could've snuck off for coffee or something. :) Thanks for the link.

    We should do some kind of super cool brisbane blogger meetup thing... I've been finding more brisbanites around lately and we should all get together for some crafting or something. I have a Christmas crafts pinterest board... Not a class, just hanging out and making stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)