In an effort to stash bust I have made a costume for my little girl out of 2 pieces of stretchy panne velvet. It frayed and shedded like mad, so there is pink fluff everywhere now :-)
It has a cloak - I am really proud of sucessfully drafting and attaching the collar
a skirt - I intended to just make a gathered skirt with a light pink trim, but I didn't have enough light fabric for that, so I made a panel skirt instead
and a little scarf - I tried out making a lettuce edge without an overlocker (serger) and it worked, yeay
She is very happy with the results of 3 days sewing and has refused to take it off for the last 3 days. I call that a sucess :-)
After this I have the greatest admirations for the mothers, who regularily create costumes for dance recitals and other competitions, because the material slips and slides and sheds and it takes time and effort to be percise and accurate with it. Onwards to the next remnant ...